[plug] PPC firewall question

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Tue Sep 9 13:01:31 WST 2003

Quintin Lette wrote:
> Hope that is of some assistance
>
> By the way does anyone know how to use the aaui port on a powermac under
> linux, that would make life so easy... 2 onboard nics (10mb RJ45 + 10mb AAUI)
> and 3 pci slots on the 7200/x series Powermacs :-)
>
> HTH and Regards

I dunno about the 7200's but on my 7300's the AAUI and 10BaseT were dual
media interfaces to the one ethernet chip. Have a look at the
motherboard and you will only find a single interface, just with dual
media ports. One or the other, (Or possbily both at the same time, but
only on one chip and MAC address. Your networks would get well confused!)

Brad