[plug] ibook and yaboot

Adam Hewitt ahewitt at globaldial.com
Fri Sep 12 12:04:55 WST 2003

Hi All,

Can someone please tell me what the hell I am doing wrong to get my
ibook to dual boot two different linux kernels. I have included the
yaboot.conf as an attachment for your perusal. After editing it I have
tried yabootconfig, ybin, and mkofboot and none of them are giving me a
menu to boot from.

Cheers,

Adam.

my yaboot.conf:

## yaboot.conf generated by yabootconfig 1.0.7
##
## run: "man yaboot.conf" for details. Do not make changes until you
have!!
## see also: /usr/share/doc/yaboot/examples for example configurations.
##
## For a dual-boot menu, add one or more of:
## bsd=/dev/hdaX, macos=/dev/hdaY, macosx=/dev/hdaZ

boot=/dev/hda2
device=/pci at f2000000/mac-io at 17/ata-4 at 1f000/disk at 0:
partition=4
root=/dev/hda4
delay=10
timeout=30