[plug] strange GET requests

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Sun Sep 14 09:15:47 WST 2003

okay this was supposedly fixed by turning off ProxyRequests ON in /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf.  Is there another method of making sure this is off?

Thanks

Jon L. Miller, MCNE, CNS
Director/Sr Systems Consultant
MMT Networks Pty Ltd
http://www.mmtnetworks.com.au

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure
 is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby

In message <sf63ac7d.033 at mmtnetworks.com.au>
on Sat, Sep 13, 2003 at 11:46:59PM +0800, Jon  Miller wrote:
> I'm getting a lot of traffic of this type at my firewall and was
> wondering if anyone else is having the same problem. Basically I'm
> getting them from various sources. Anyone have any ideal what this is
> about.
[...]
> GET http://impgb.tradedoubler.com/imp/15566/916606 HTTP/1.0
> Referer: http://www.myhealthworlds.com

Looks like someone's trying to use your host(s) as an HTTP proxy.