[plug] distro question: 'standard'?

Sacha Schlegel schlegel at cs.curtin.edu.au
Tue Sep 16 11:43:22 WST 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 11:30, John Knight wrote:
> I've pretty much given up on .rpm based systems apart from SuSE, which I
> have a particular fondness for. If they get it in etc, I'll have to stop by
> Linux IT for a copy of Libranet and Knoppix, the idea of her jsut being able
> to roam freely for an hour or two under X should be an interesting prospect.

On the www.libranet.com there are currently two versions: 2.8.1 Flagship
Edition (commercial one, US$ 64.95) and 2.7 Classic Edition(free one).

There is a link which lists the differences between them at
http://www.libranet.com/classic_comparison.html

Will you invest in the Flagship Edition?

Just curious as I would prefer

a) "latest, greatest" edition and
b) freedom upgrades/updates
c) gratis (0$) price tag