[plug] kernel options

Ryan ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Wed Sep 17 13:55:05 WST 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 13:50, Paul Arch wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I am rolling a kernel for an embedded system, but I want to use
> vga=xxx from the grub line, to give the nice text/vga mode - but the
> kernel I compiled doesnt work with this - the question I have is,
> which options in the kernel do I need to enable to get this working ?

With 2.4.x

Console Drivers -> Video mode selection support (CONFIG_VIDEO_SELECT)

It sounds like you are talking about framebuffered consoles though:

Console Drivers ->  Frame-buffer support -> Support for frame buffer
devices -> VESA VGA graphics console (CONFIG_FB_VESA) and/or the
specific card you have if it is listed.

Ryan