[plug] Alternatives to Verisign/Thawte

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Thu Sep 18 10:52:19 WST 2003

In message <1063852740.14387.62.camel at support>
on Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 10:39:00AM +0800, Patrick Tehvand wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 10:27, Martin wrote:
> > > I have previously used Thwaite. easy process to get it.
> >
> > ummmm, have a guess who owns Thawte.
[...]
> You learn something new every day. Sooner or later _everything_ will be controlled by 2 corporations...

Funny...I initially had the same thought as Martin but then reliased
Patrick had written "Thwaite", not "Thawte" and though (sic) that
Thwaite must be competing with Thawte by "leveraging" the mis-typed
domain angle, which would be ironic given Verisign's recent actions in
this regard. But it appears the truth is much simpler. A typo. Sigh.