[plug] programming

Adam Hewitt ahewitt at globaldial.com
Thu Sep 18 13:13:54 WST 2003

Hi All,

I am very interested in learning to program but I am at a loss as to
where to start. There seems to be hundreds of languages out there and
without learning them all I can't mnake a judgement on which one will be
the best to start off with. Bascially I have a few simple ideas for some
programs I would like to work on, if it is possible for a beginner to
jump straight into graphical programs (gtk+) then I would prefer to do
that. I have done some work with VB and C++ a long time ago but I dont
think I would remember enough to not have to start from scratch.

Does anyone have some suggestions on where I should start, what I should
use and information on both? I am in the process of buying a house and I
am supporting a pregnant wife so I dont think I can justify buying books
at this stage so any online info would be great.

Cheers,

Adam.