[plug] dcopserver?

Sol sol at autonomon.net
Fri Sep 19 15:18:56 WST 2003

I'm having a hard time with a minor problem. Recently I used rsync to
mirror things like /etc/passwd to a few client PCs. All was ticket-e-boo
except for on one client, one user account refuses to login - the one
account that existed prior to adding all the entries in passwd and
shadow - it just returns an error message and restarts kdm.

This is the error:

'There was an error setting up inter process communications for KDE. The
message returned by the system was:

Could not read network connection list.
/home/dhammaloka/.DCOPserver_ws4__0

Please check that the "dcopserver" program is running.'

I've checked configs and restarted daemons, I've even completely wiped
out the /home/dhammaloka directory and replaced it from scratch and
nothing seems to help. Yet there must be a simple fix for this!

Any ideas?

thanks; sol