[plug] GIMP users to confirm behaviour

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Sat Sep 20 08:24:33 WST 2003

James Devenish wrote:
> Aha...you know how Craig was suggesting random funny-sounding ideas as a
> joke, well, one of those things was to turn on scroll lock.
> So...finally...yes, I can only move entire layers (not selected pixels
> per se) but it is at least possible to do that much (as long as scroll
> lock is not enabled). I've never used the scroll lock before -- I don't
> even know where its semantics might be documented!

It definitely modifies the behaviour of other modifiers, but I'm not
clear on how. I have a KVM switch that uses scroll lock as its keyboard
hotswitch key (because nothing uses scroll lock anymore right? - surely
not a server console!) so I run into that a lot. I should probably have
mentioned that.

If anybody knows /what/ scroll lock does under X, I'd be interested in
hearing it. Otherwise it'll be google time later.

Craig Ringer