[plug] Please help.. i'm desperate

Nathan D natdan at pobox.com
Mon Sep 22 07:19:52 WST 2003

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 06:30:34 +0800, Daniel Pearson wrote:
>Ok, a brief update on things.
>
>Last night, a mate brought around an old old cable, instead of being an rj11
>cable with an adapter to plug into the 600 series socket it has the actual
>600 series plug on it. Since then, i've only experienced one disconnection,
>but when reconnected gained the *exact* same ip (one in a million? heh).
Can only hope you are onto something here?
The information about the same IP might be something relevant.  If you check the iinet toolbox for your connection history and find multiple sequential connections with the same IP, this is bogus information(IMHO).  I have queried this with the iine(p)t support and they have assured me that it is correct information.  The toolbox history has shown disconnections of up to a few hours and then retaining the same IP, but my IPCop box (BIPAC711CE in bridged mode) shows a constant connection of several days.  Sorry iinet, but I have faith in my own logs.
iiNet have also been having issues with routers lately where they lose all connectivity (internal and external) but you still maintain a connection.  (My IRC log shows this happening from 01:03 to 01:28 this morning).
Not sure if any of this is relevant or not?  My Billion has been in bridged mode since the day I got my connection so I have no stats or info to post from it :(

>Going to monitor the situation and see what happens over the next 24 hours..
Fingers crossed that you are onto something :o)

regards,
  Nathan.