[plug] Please help.. i'm desperate

Steve Boak sboak at westnet.com.au
Tue Sep 23 16:38:41 WST 2003

On Monday 22 September 2003 06:30, Daniel Pearson wrote:
> Ok, a brief update on things.
>
> Last night, a mate brought around an old old cable, instead of
> being an rj11 cable with an adapter to plug into the 600 series
> socket it has the actual 600 series plug on it. Since then, i've
> only experienced one disconnection, but when reconnected gained the
> *exact* same ip (one in a million? heh).

Westnet has had a problem with their dialup server. I was talking to
one of their techs a few days ago while diagnosing a problem, and he
let slip "that's funny, you have had the same IP three times in a
row...", and asked me to use an alternate phone number (0198333714)
for a while. Haven't been able to find out what the cause was, or
even if they have fixed whatever it was, but the alternate number
sucks, it has an IP bloc for their own news and download servers so I
have gone back to the old number. I've just got telstra to enable
fixed rate ISDN calls today, so I will be firing up the ISDN modem
tonight. Wish me luck :)

Steve

--
'What is worth doing and what is worth having?'
I would like to say simply this.