[plug] Problem establishing lister service with Oracle under Debian

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Wed Sep 24 12:34:42 WST 2003

Thanks James,

I get:

Active Internet connections (only servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address
State
tcp        0      0 *:time                  *:*
LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:discard               *:*
LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:daytime               *:*
LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:32958                 *:*
LISTEN
udp        0      0 localhost:32774
*:*
udp        0      0 localhost:32775
*:*
udp        0      0 localhost:32776
*:*
udp        0      0 *:discard
*:*
udp        0      0 *:bootpc
*:*
Active UNIX domain sockets (only servers)
Proto RefCnt Flags       Type       State         I-Node Path
unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     212
/tmp/.font-unix/fs7100
unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     10577
/tmp/ksocket-root/kdeinit-:0
unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     10612
/tmp/ksocket-root/klauncherT01xla.slave-socket
unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     287
/tmp/.X11-unix/X0
unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     10584
/tmp/.ICE-unix/dcop934-1064374964
unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     10712
/tmp/.ICE-unix/957

I'm not sure how to combine it with lsof as you say but I now that you
can use fuser with the -4 option to search IPv4 connections to find out
which processes are using what port.

I think the problem is not that there is already something listening on
the port but rather that for some reason the netca cannot bind the
service to that port. I have also tried running the netca as root but
there no joy.

Perhaps I need to add an entry to /etc/services?

regards,

Chris

On Wed, 2003-09-24 at 12:11, James Devenish wrote:
> In message <1064376167.3f7117674058f at mailmanager.arach.net.au>
> on Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 12:02:47PM +0800, caston at arach.net.au wrote:
> > "The information provided for this lister is currently in use by other software
> > on this computer
>
> Have you tried `netstat -l` to see listeners? Could combine this with
> lsof to see process information.

Chris Caston

Manager and technician
Aptitude Technology
http://www.aptitudetech.com.au
ABN: 51614966828

ph: (08) 9478 1530
mobile: 0422 978315

chris at debian:~$ host security.microsoft.com
security.microsoft.com does not exist (Authoritative answer)