[plug] Problem establishing lister service with Oracle under Debian

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Wed Sep 24 14:16:13 WST 2003

Hello,

I have now fixed this problem thanks to an e-mail that someone from CSC
sent me.

Running the netstat -tucan command and running the netca assistant
showed me that it was trying to connect to 192.168.1.1 instead of actual
IP.

When I first installed my system I gave it this IP address because the
network card driver did not exist in the debian install so I waited
until installing hwdata and kudzu before configuring it to get an IP
from the billion modem.

I had simply forgot to change the /etc/hosts file.

Silly me (:

thanks everyone!

regards,

Chris

On Wed, 2003-09-24 at 12:02, caston at arach.net.au wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am running Debian woody with Oracle 9iR2. Currently my tnspings are not
> working. I assume this is becase during when running netca (net configuration
> assistant) as    the oracle user it gave me the following message:
>
> "The information provided for this lister is currently in use by other software
> on this computer. You can proceed with the configuration as it is, but will not
> be possible to start the listener until the conflict is resolved"
>
> This was for the default port 1521. I tried a higher port and the same thing
> happened.
>
> I did try giving ownership of /etc/services to the oracle user incase that would
> help but it didn't.
>
> I could not find any command line options for netca (even tried google)
>
> Any ideas?
>
> regards,
>
> Chris Caston

Chris Caston

Manager and technician
Aptitude Technology
http://www.aptitudetech.com.au
ABN: 51614966828

ph: (08) 9478 1530
mobile: 0422 978315

chris at debian:~$ host security.microsoft.com
security.microsoft.com does not exist (Authoritative answer)