[plug] open source video (burglar) surveillance

Sacha Schlegel schlegel at cs.curtin.edu.au
Wed Sep 24 23:06:26 WST 2003

Hi Denis

Your application sounds like a neat linux project.

You probably came along http://motion.sourceforge.net/ a motion
detection tool. I played with it at home but did not have a real use for
it. Actually I would like to monitor who is stealing our eggs ;) We
think its a raven. But would have to get a LONG cable for that, and make
sure that the computer does not get wet.

The motion tool looked ok to me and was working out of the box. There is
a motion debian package.

Another link:

http://www.atlantek.com.au/~wes/bookmarks/Linux/Imaging/v4l_Applications/

Sacha