[plug] gcc :Which files?

Denis Brown dsbrown at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Thu Sep 25 12:29:57 WST 2003

Hello, Janice.

At 12:05 25/09/2003 +0800, you wrote:
>Well.... I've got my helloworld program written in text editor 'Kate' in a
>file called helloWorld.c

okay

>It is in a directory called helloworld

okay

>I am changing into the helloworld directory and then using ggc-o helloworld
>helloworld.c

Ahh... two things, they may be typos.
1. Your source file is helloWorld.c, right?   Capital W?
Your command line lists helloworld.c, lowercase w.   Linux is case
sensitive so helloWorld.c and helloworld.c are two distinctly different
filenames.

2. You do not have a space between the command (gcc) and the first option
(-o) but that should just break the command parser so I guess this is a
plain typo.

Does that help??

Cheers,
Denis