[plug] [OT] alarm systems

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Thu Sep 25 22:09:03 WST 2003

Adam,

At 05:22 PM 25-09-2003 +0800, you wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>Without even attempting to hide the fact that I am *way* off topic I
>thought I would ask the most technically minded bunch of people that I
>have access to what you would recommend as far as non monitored home
>alarm systems go and who to get to install it. I have had a look around
>but most people seem to be offering monitored alarm systems only which I
>can't afford.
>
>If it makes it slightly more digestible I might think about considering
>possibly connecting a potential linux server up to store camera stills
>(as has been discussed recently)...No? not close enough...bugger

If you go to 'Altronics' in Northbridge, you can buy all the cameras,
cables, mutliview monitors, etc to set up your own security camera system -
the only other thing you need is a cheap VCR to record the output from your
cameras.

Check out their web site - goto :

http://www.altronics.com.au/cat.asp?cat=8&grp=273&sort=code

Regards Arie Hol