[plug] perl script

Adam Hewitt ahewitt at globaldial.com
Fri Sep 26 15:55:45 WST 2003

Hi All,

I have written a basic perl script that adds email domains to a file via
a web interface. The problem that I am having is that if I add a domain
to the existing list it all works as expected, however if I add a second
domain to the list, the second domain is joined to the first one I just
added. For example if I add test2.com.au to the list I get:

<snip>
test1.com.au
test2.com.au

If I then add another domain called test3.com.au the I get

<snip>
test1.com.au
test2.com.autest3.com.au

So it appears that I am not adding a \n to the first entry.

Here is the code snippets that I feel would be causing the problems.

--------------------------------
if ($q->param('button') eq "Add") {
        my $tmpstr = $q->param('domain'), "\n";
        push (@domains, $tmpstr);
        $donestuff=1;
open(FILE, ">$file");
foreach (@domains) {
        print FILE $_;
}
close FILE;

Can anyone see a reason as to why I would be missing a "\n" when it goes
to write back into the original file?

Cheers,

Adam.