[plug] Libranet Poll

Russ Pitman rjp at belle.apana.org.au
Mon Sep 29 16:06:14 WST 2003

Michael Hunt wrote:
> After all the recent talk about Libranet I was wondering how many
> Pluggers had used/are using Libranet. I have been using Libranet since
> the 1.9.x versions and before that Storm Linux.
>
> I am also interested to find out what are people's opinions of Debian
> based, professionally developed [0] linux distros such as the former
> Storm/Progeny/Corel and current offering such as
> Libranet/Xandros/Lindows etc ?
>
> Michael Hunt
>
> [0] As opposed to community developed Debian distro's such as
> Woody/Sarge/Sid an>

I am a debian Sid user,which is a fairly fast moving system to maintain.

I use Libranet for its installer. Given that all cd distro's are basically
out of date when the user installs them, when it becomes necessary to
install/reinstall I really don't want to start with a disk full of old
software.

So I install the minimum necessary and upgrade the system from the net.

Libranet's installer is the most effective way I have found.
--
Cheers
Russ.