[plug] IDE tape drive [solution]

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Mon Sep 29 18:02:24 WST 2003

Interesting, I say this because I've seen some BIOS that have what you saw Matt and in another location it shows you more settings.  Also on the ver first option you can set if the IDE connectors are Auto, None, LBA, etc.  So there were no other settings for the IDE connectors?  What BIOS and version was this? also was the BIOS updated to the most recent version?  Reason I ask is I've seen this before on a system who had the settings nicely tucked away.

Jon

Jon L. Miller, MCNE, CNS, ASE
Director/Sr Systems Consultant
MMT Networks Pty Ltd
http://www.mmtnetworks.com.au

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure
 is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby

>>> zombie at penguincare.com.au 3:38:40 PM 29/09/2003 >>>
On 29 Sep 2003, quoth Onno Benschop:

> The secondary channel initially had a CDRom on it, and I'm guessing that
> I set it to Auto, like I do for all of my IDE devices.
>
> Perhaps Matt, who saw it most recently could comment...

The BIOS had just one config item - "Enable IDE channel" (or similar)
with options of: Primary, Secondary or Both

It is set to Both.

- Matt