[plug] Wanting RH7.3 (or similar) for IPCop build.

Nathan D natdan at pobox.com
Mon Sep 29 22:42:26 WST 2003

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 21:46:03 +0800, Cameron Patrick wrote:
>On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 09:25:48PM +0800, Nathan D wrote:
>| /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpci
>| collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>| make: *** [updfstab] Error 1
>|
>| Can anyone give me pointers or tips in plain english? :)
>
>$ apt-get install pciutils-dev
>
>Okay, so that's not quite plain English but it should help ;-)  The
>error you got was a result of something trying to link to libpci and not
>finding it; an "apt-cache search libpci" revealed that the only package
>mentioning libpci was pciutils-dev.

Not english - but familiar enough to understand :)
I assumed the pci part, but had no idea where to go from there.  I'll put Woody back on tomorrow and add the extra package, then see how much further I get.

>There are probably a good deal of other packages you'll need to install
>too, though, before it will build completely.
I'm hoping the info page covers all the packages required as well as the extra tips involved.  http://ipcop.org/cgi-bin/twiki/view/IPCop/IPCopBuildingv01#Building_v1_3_on_Debian_3_0_Wood
Maybe I will have to add more details to the list?

My last install was using Bonzai (worked a treat), so will try 'plain' Woody next time.

Thanks for the tips, and if I do stumble across RH7.3, I will forward it to the library.

Cheers,
  Nathan D.