[plug] Wanting RH7.3 (or similar) for IPCop build.

Nathan D natdan at pobox.com
Tue Sep 30 07:03:23 WST 2003

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 23:15:56 +0800, Michael Hunt wrote:
>Which alpha are you trying to build ??? The latest alpha candidate can
>be found in iso file format at http://prdownloads.sf.net/ipcop
>
>ipcop-1.3.1alpha5.iso 27648 kb Aug 29, 2003 10:20
This one has been d/loaded and was installed and worked without any flaws.  Basically the same as the current v1.3.0, with a few extra features, and the same sucky gui. (IMHO)

>It is two months old but this is usually the target for trying to track down
>bugs. Could save you a lot of trouble. Was there some specific feature you
>were after ???
With the new features and a new gui, it has been decided to have the next release now as v1.4.0.  As I know enough html to be dangerous, I have made my own front end for v1.3.0 (Custom Cop), and was looking at doing the same for the new release.  After seeing some screenshots -
http://www.rmurer.ch/ipcop/mozilla_linux_gui_14a1.png
http://www.rmurer.ch/ipcop/konqueror_gui_14a1.png
I am now keen to build my own.  Yes, there will be an iso at some stage, but why wait when I theoretically have all the tools (and knowledge?) I need?  :o)

>Interested to hear how you go.
As soon as I have a working install, I will let you know.

regards,
  Nathan.