[plug] Fedora changes in Samba ?

Scott Middleton scott at LinuxIT.com.au
Sat Apr 3 12:05:04 WST 2004

On Sat, 2004-04-03 at 11:15, Bernd Felsche wrote:
> On Saturday 03 April 2004 07:57, Scott Middleton wrote:
> > While where on the subject of Windows update. Microsoft is giving away
> > free update CDs. Everyone should get one. Even if you don't use M$ you
> > should get it and give it to a friend.
> > http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/cd/order.asp
> > Has all the update for win 98/me 2K/XP up till October 2003
>
> They've realized that that's as useful as the proverbial ashtray on
> a motorcycle. Now (apparently) up to date to Feb 2004.

It still saves quite a bit of time. I used to download the redist
packages and leave them on CD. A lot of patches can't be applied until
you have applied other patches. A good example is if you are running a
pre service pack either IE or XP. After you apply the service pack a lot
more critical updates need applying.

> > I got mine about a week later.
>
> Have you dd'd the images to hard disk and put them on an automount
> for Samba?

If i don't have to i don't hook up strangers computers to my network and
even then i have a partitioned switch. If i need to i pull the HDD out
and plug it into my USB Caddy. Sometimes i will use BartPE.

Regards

--
Linux Information Technology
Society of Linux Professionals WA