[plug] customising KDE defaults

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Mon Apr 5 14:50:26 WST 2004

Hi folks

I'm having trouble finding information on exactly how to customise KDE's
new-user defaults. I'm looking to:
	- Disable the "setup wizard" in favour of pre-configued settings
	- Use a very basic, small menu
	- Preconfigure the quicklaunch apps shown in Kicker
	- set different default for a number of apps
	- set a different default view profile for Konqueror
and some other things along those lines. I'm having real trouble finding
documentation in KDE that's oriented toward administration of KDE
desktops, SOE style. There's a bit about Kiosk (which I don't need; I
only need different defaults, not locked-down settings) but I can't find
much else.

Perhaps it's "hiding in plain sight" (in other words, perhaps I'm blind)
but I just don't seem to be able to find solid info on this.

If a long-term KDE user on this list could throw some clues my way, I'd
appreciate it a lot.

Craig Ringer