[plug] Receiving emails to a script

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Apr 6 16:37:03 WST 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 16:11, Randal Adamson wrote:

> Looking thru my O'Reilly Sendmail book - they talk about something
> called smrsh - and that sendmail has locked down users from using the
> .forward file. Which probably has something to do with why I can't get
> mine to work properly.

The only time I've needed to do this, I used Perl to poll the IMAP
server for new messages in a special mailbox (gotta love +addressing and
shared mailboxes). It worked well, and avoided any gross
procmail/aliases/.forward hacks. Of course, that approach takes more
initial setup and may not be suitable for your needs. It also relies on
a local IMAP server that won't even notice a connection every 10s or so.

Craig Ringer