[plug] fetchmail

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Wed Apr 7 16:39:03 WST 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-07 at 18:26, smclevie at ozemail.com.au wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Can someone please help me.
>
> I'm setting up fetchmail to retrieve emails.
> I have a 'nobody' in /var/mail/ only...
>
> How do I set up a mailbox??  I have several 'users' enabled on the Debian box...

A mailbox for whom? Fetchmail will just deliver the mail to the local
users specified in the "'user' here" definition.

> My config file .fetchmailrc follows, please comment as appropriate.

The only comment I'd have is that you're delivering mail to root - bad!

PS. I'm assuming that you have your Debian box set-up as per standard,
so it comes with exim installed.

(Fetchmail acts as a process between the outside world and a process
that receives mail like exim or sendmail.)

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S38°01'05" - E145°25'10" (Upper Beaconsfield, VIC)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..