Delivery of e-mail to the superuser's account [was: Re: [plug] fetchmail]

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Wed Apr 7 17:27:51 WST 2004

On Wednesday 07 April 2004 17:14, James Devenish wrote:
> In message <1081327142.2404.212.camel at latte.internal.itmaze.com.au>

> on Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 06:39:03PM +1000, Onno Benschop wrote:
> > The only comment I'd have is that you're delivering mail to root - bad!
>
> Are there any references for this? I know that in Linux circles root

[snip]

Root will have to read the email. Which exposes that user to setting
off a "bomb", resulting in possible system destruction.

Very bad. Entirely avoidable.

Redirect email to the administrator's real user account(s). Which is
another reason why the local MTA should be used for delivery because
it uses the alias table.