[plug] transfer some files between NT4 machines and linux

Leon Blackwell leon at lostrealm.com
Thu Apr 8 10:13:23 WST 2004

On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 09:38:21AM +0800, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
> I am trying to transfer some files between NT4 machines and linux using
> a USB key.  Just found out that NT4 doesnt support USB and the only
> add-on packages seem to be propriety.  Does anyone have any suggestions
> or reccomendations on a driver that works?

A bootable linux disc?  :)

Seriously, though -- you should be able to boot from a linux disc and do
this, so long as the disc has been built with support for your USB key
and for reading NTFS (which I assume is what your NT4 boxes are using).

--
 Leon Blackwell                | Never be afraid to try something new.
 http://www.lostrealm.com/     | Remember, amateurs built the ark.