[plug] Linux Australia FTA Position Paper

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Fri Apr 9 13:49:16 WST 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-09 at 15:43, Onno Benschop wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 23:15, Mark Tearle wrote:
> > 	Still, we're very worried about the IP clauses of the FTA, and we've
> > had a lawyer go over it and prepared a position paper.  It's probably
> > worth a look: we have less than a month before the Senate FTA
> > committee's closing date for reports, and we'll be announcing more this
> > week.
> >
> > It's pretty scary stuff...
> > 	http://linux.org.au/papers/fta-paper.pdf
>
> I've tried to submit this to slashdot twice to get some serious feedback
> without success. Can someone else also have a go please?
>
> I guess my karma of "excellent" isn't enough :-(

Woops, this is what I submitted:

href="http://www.linux.org.au/papers/fta-paper.html">draft position
paper</a>(or a <a
href="http://www.linux.org.au/papers/fta-paper.pdf">PDF</a>) on the
recently negotiated Free Trade Agreement between the US and Australia,
and is <a href="http://linux.org.au/fta/">looking</a> for <a
href="mailto:fta at linux.org.au?subject=FTA%20Feedback">feedback</a>.
The FTA has some Intellectual Property provisions that have a severe
impact on Australia. The Australian Senate has a Committee looking into
it and the dead-line for submissions is: April 30.
What can you do? <a href="http://www.petitiononline.com/auftaip/">Sign
the petition</a>, <a
href="mailto:fta at linux.org.au?subject=FTA%20Feedback">Comment</a> on the
paper</a> and send feedback to the <a
href="http://www.aph.gov.au/house/committee/jsct/usafta/index.htm">Joint
Committee on Treaties</a>.

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S38°01'05" - E145°25'10" (Upper Beaconsfield, VIC)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..