[plug] initrd

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Sat Apr 10 14:57:38 WST 2004

LTSP fits into 64 megabytes; including X and a bunch of kernel
modules that'll never be needed.  51MB of /usr/X11RR6; 11MB of
kernel modules. Leaves about 2MB of "real stuff". OK, you might need
a megabyte of kernel modules if you don't config the kernel to "just
working".

OH yeah; there's a 5MB initrd as well that's tftp'd, but that's
gzipped down to under a megabyte. Remember that there's a bunch of
network drivers in there that may, or may not be needed for an MP#
player.

If you're really stuck for space, "OrangeLinux" fits on a 1.44MB
floppy.

	http://orangelin.sourceforge.net/

Not sure if Onno mentioned that from his prior searches.