[plug] Userfriendly quandary

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Sat Apr 10 23:33:19 WST 2004

On Sat, 2004-04-10 at 21:38, skribe wrote:
> Hi folks:
>
> A rather unusual situation has occurred.  I can't reach userfriendly.org.

Odd. I take it doesn't respond to ICMP or TCP - not that blocking ICMP
is unusual. Others' suggestions of ECN issues do make sense here, as
AFAIK ECN is usually a problem in combination with buggy/non-compliant
routers.

Have you tried a traceroute to attempt to spot where traffic dies? Can
you reach other hosts on the same network (or best guess, this is after
all the NAT/CIDR world) as the problem host?

Craig Ringer