[plug] xkill

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Mon Apr 12 14:42:57 WST 2004

Craig Ringer wrote:

| multi-threaded apps. OO.o and Mozilla in particular sometimes like to
| sit and spin madly in the background after being xkill-ed or otherwise
| losing their X display connection. Because of the way they work,

You can add XMMS to that list, too.  I hate it with a vengeance, but
haven't found anything better :-(  Rhythmbox looks promising, though...
Anyway, XMMS on my home machine has recently decided that it doesn't
want to die even being closed 'nicely' (by the X in the title bar or
the exit option in the menu), and it sits around hanging onto its sound
device forever until it gets killed.  Grrr.

Cameron.