[plug] Anyone using AFS?

Alan Graham alan.graham at infonetsystems.com.au
Wed Apr 14 21:16:27 WST 2004

I've got the home directories of my machines shared out from my debian
fileserver using NFS, but the Gnome file locking problem with NFS
mounted home directories is driving me spare.  The only thing that makes
it workable is that my wife and kids prefer KDE.  But it has stopped my
wife from using evolution...

I was thinking of changing from NFS/NIS to AFS/Kerberos, but the various
FAQ's and docos around have given me pause; even the quickstart guide is
huge!

Anyone using it in a small network environment?  Is it more work than
it's worth?

Regards
--
Alan Graham <alan.graham at infonetsystems.com.au>