[plug] Anyone using AFS?

Alan Graham alan.graham at infonetsystems.com.au
Thu Apr 15 21:58:24 WST 2004

I've got nfs-common installed on the debian server, but the clients are
Mandrake 9.1 and 9.2.  All applicable Mandrake packages are applied.

The Gnome problem is a well known one, at least, a google for 'Gnome NFS
file locking' turns up an awful lot of hits.  I've tried most of the
remedies suggested, the most radical (and most successful) of which was
to tell gnome to use local locks.  However, that has other problems cos
I regularly log onto more than one machine at a time.  I'm starting to
like KDE...  :-)

I just checked Google again on this issue, and found a post on the 2.6
kernel maintainers list that suggests that this is fixed in 2.6  So I
just have to wait for 2.6 to hit the Debian unstable branch, and my
problems will be solved?!?!

Alan

--
Alan Graham <alan.graham at infonetsystems.com.au>