[plug] Resize partitions

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Sun Apr 18 17:08:10 WST 2004

In message <6.1.0.6.0.20040418165630.0944eab8 at jumpnode.wombatcs.com.au>
on Sun, Apr 18, 2004 at 05:02:07PM +0800, John Breen wrote:
> I need to resize it (adding on 10 Meg or so), but it's the first partition
> on my HD, immediately followed by swap then by /.  I don't want to have to
> reinstall, but I'm not sure that parted will do what I need?

I don't know anything about parted nor the specifics of partitioning for
your particular platform, but I wouldn't have thought there'd be any
problem shrinking your swap partition by 10MB in order to accommodate a
larger /boot. (Of course, you would need to reinitialise both /boot and
the swap partition after changing their sizes.)