[plug] ulogd and mysql and iptables

John Breen john at johnbreen.id.au
Mon Apr 19 19:53:44 WST 2004

At 19:47 19/04/04, you wrote:

>I know nothing about ulog or what its "packets" might be, but the first
>thought that pops into my mind when you say "MySQL" and "missing
>timestamps" is that you should add a "timestamp" column (i.e. automatic
>column) to your MySQL table(s).

ulogd is a user-space logging daemon that you can use with iptables with
the ULOG target.  ulogd stores information about network packets.  the
problem with using an automatic timestamp with the mysql table is that
ulogd can take several seconds to actually get information into the database.

cheers,

JB