[plug] Banks to switch to linux...

Senectus - senectuskal at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 21 15:13:31 WST 2004

>And sometimes "lazy" has to be seen to be believed. The turkey in
>question typically follows someone else's policies very carefully, and
>without the veriest shadow of an idea about what they're actually
>doing. They are the source of "I ran out of backup tapes so I put the
>first one on again, is that OK?" legends.
0.o *mouth drops open* no way.... surely nobody would be that dumb... uh
well.. then again.. I had a bloke tell me the other day (quite proudly I
might add) that he uses 5x 512mb flash memory USB key's for his daily
backups....

>They are the people who
>regularly test their virus scanner with EICAR - unaware that they broke
>the local DNS about a month after they started work there and none of
>the workstations can find the virus update server using the fallback
>DNS -

heh.. seen this one before... always ends up in tears. Also had a twit ring
me up the other day saying that his backups haven't worked in over a week,
and that it was our fault cause we installed it (don't worry that its been
working fine for the last month and a half). When I got there I found that
backup exec had an alert saying that it wanted tape "wed" and the guy had
been swapping tapes for the last week without bothering to read WHY the
thing was still waiting for last weeks tape.. (he had put the wrong tape
in.)

Senectus

“I don’t think Bastard goes anywhere near to describing the unmitigated scum
sucking, bottom feeding toerag that is me. But hey – who knew shit could be
worth so much…”  - Simon Travaglia BOFH (Could have easily been Darl McBride
that said it though)