[plug] e=mc2

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Thu Apr 22 13:34:16 WST 2004

(Hi, Bill! Someone referred to this page with your name on it in
conversation - thanks for the resource, I thought you deserved a copy!)

On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 01:00:02PM +0800, Garry wrote:
> http://www.geocities.com/thesciencefiles/emc2/emc2.html
>
> Can't vouch for the content, I only went to Yr10 at school. 8^)==
[...]

It gets the point across, though I saw a couple of errors...

<nitpicking>
	"antimatter ... a substance composed of 'negative mass'"

No... a gram of antimatter has the same mass as a gram of matter. It
_can_ be made in measurable quantities, though still pretty small, or
perhaps a useul amount could be collected off the solar wind.

http://livefromcern.web.cern.ch/livefromcern/antimatter/factory/AM-factory01.html

	"Elements heavier than iron are unstable."

Elements heavier than bismuth are all unstable (radioactive) but
there's lots of radioactive isotopes that are lighter than that. (such
as tritium)
</nitpicking>

Nick.

--
   Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick-sig at rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal