[plug] Error Lost interupt

Denis Brown dsbrown at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Fri Apr 23 09:22:30 WST 2004

At 20:16 22/04/2004 +0800, Laurie Anderson wrote:

>   Hi one & all,
>   Had the my CPU on m/board A7N266-VM upgraded.
>
>   Later on I decided to install a new Debian OS but get the following
> error message
>
>   hdc: lost interupt
>

>   What is it, what causes it and how do we fix it???????

Hello, Laurie.

You might want to look through the PLUG archives since i think this has
been mentioned in the past.   If I recall correctly the problem children
have always been power management configs, especially so in laptops but I
guess universally possible none the less.   If you compiled your own
kernel, consider turning on APM Allow Interrupts.

I'm sure you'll get more authoritative answers though, from other list members.

Cheers,
Denis