[plug] Wireless Woes - Solved

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Sat Apr 24 22:04:29 WST 2004

G'day all,

Dunno if anyone might find this interesting, but I solved my transfer rate woes by placing a
dodgy-brothers 10/100 4 port mini-switch in between the WAP11 and DWL-900AP+. I now get 450kb/s in
each direction.

I have never seen ethernet ports not compatible enough to work properly over a crossover cable, but
the WAP11 is 10BaseT and the DWL-900AP+ is 100BaseT and this seemed to be enough to get them to choke.

Interesting as the stats page did not list any dropped ethernet packets.

Anyway, that's my story!

Regards,
Brad