[plug] remote install

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Tue Apr 27 10:38:01 WST 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-26 at 22:01, Craig Dyke wrote:
> Howdy all
>
> I am relatively new to some of the vagaries of networking and was
> wondering if the following is possible:
>
> I have two PCs, one with a partitioned drive for Linux and Windows, the
> other is new and has two hard
> drives where one has windows XP on it and the other drive is blank.
>
> My question is ... am I able to remote install from my PC that already
> has Linux on it onto the new empty drive?
>
> My main reason behind asking this is that my new drives are SATA drives
> and I am having trouble detecting the drives when
> booting from the CD.

You probably need the right iso. Matt from Linux IT posted a link to a
Linux iso on the here that they put together to allow you to install
Debian on a SATA drive.

Perhaps one of the other PLUG list members can help further.
> Any advice or web pages to see would be appreciated :)
>
> Craig

Linux is ready for the desktop like a Boeing F-22 is ready for the
run-way.