[plug] Customer wants to move away from Windows but...

chris caston at arach.net.au
Sun Aug 1 13:56:21 WST 2004

On Sun, 2004-08-01 at 13:50, chris wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-08-01 at 13:42, Craig Ringer wrote:
> > On Sun, 2004-08-01 at 13:27, Craig Ringer wrote:
> >
> > > I'd be interested in hearing about what sort of application they're
> > > thinking about (mail server, app server, thin clients, desktops, etc)
> >
> > Sorry, that was supposed to be off-list. Drat. I'm just interested in
> > getting an idea of what other folks are doing - it seems a good idea.

I also look at it from the perspective that software applications are
tools. There are times when Linux is the best tool for the job and there
are times we have to swallow our pride and use Windows. I think there
are probably times when a BSD flavour may be the best tool for the job
say you need a really hardended firewall for instance and go with
OpenBSD. I usually don't see this situations but of course they exist.