[plug] Apache Rewrite/Redirect

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Wed Aug 4 08:37:15 WST 2004

In message <1091580470.1087.137.camel at nathan>
on Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 08:47:50AM +0800, Nathan Alberti wrote:
> www.domain.com = /var/vhosts/domain.com which is fine
> but domain.com = /var/vhosts/com as the first part of the domain is
> chomped.
> all I'm really looking to do is set up a rewrite/re-direct

How about putting the redirection in to the "com" configuration?
That is, the "com" configuration would contain something
semantically equivalent this pseudo-configuration:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.${HTTP_HOST}$1 [R=301]

That is, the above "com" configuration might work for all hosted
values of domain.com.