[plug] The meaning of life

Jay Turner jturner at bsis.com.au
Wed Aug 4 15:45:33 WST 2004

> RedHat 7.3:
>
> [root at flanders root]# whatis "the meaning of life" | wc -c
>     104
> [root at flanders root]# whatis "the meaning of life"
> the: nothing appropriate
> meaning: nothing appropriate
> of: nothing appropriate
> life: nothing appropriate
>

> I knew what the command was doing, I just didn't know why it was
> clever/funny. I guess this is because it is an 'in joke'.
> Hence my earlier response..

My considerably older boss just explained to me the significance of '42'..
I now 'Get It'...

All that was a bit before my time :-)

Had I asked him sooner, I would not have had to expose my ignorance to the
list..

Don't get up, i'll see myself to the 'newbie' list I stated that I shouldn't
belong to..... :-p