[plug] List administration and policy - was RE: [plug] 3 Year Warranty

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Thu Aug 5 09:00:44 WST 2004

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004, Craig Foster wrote:

> [...]

This then leads to the following questions;

1. Are you one of the list administrators for the list?

2. When a person acts as a list administrator for the list, could they
put a statement in their message, indicating that they are performing an
action in the capacity of a list administrator for the list?

3. If the above (the response from Craig Foster, about "discussing a
company online"), to is to be a list policy, does that mean that any
references to ISP's and their performance, or, to companies, including
banks, and government departments, like the ATO, that provide online
services, in terms of their ability/willingness to provide linux
compatible support/interfaces, or to politicians, in terms of their
performamce/policies relating to either Linux of open source software,
are to now be forbidden on the list? If so, this could also go to
discussions about whether particular hardware and hardware manufacturing
companies, and, software and software manufacturing companies, are
Linux-friendly.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale