[plug] HP to ship the NX5000 (laptop) with SUSE pre-installed.

skribe skribe at amber.com.au
Thu Aug 5 15:32:43 WST 2004

On Thu,  5 Aug 2004 13:33, Senectus . wrote:

> Once apon a time it was not legal for a hard drive manufacturer to
> ship a hard drive without an OS on it.
> Back then the cheapest and best known OS was MSDOS.
> EVERY hard drive in the world was sold with a copy of MSDOS on it and
> a tithe paid to MS.

That might have been the case with IBM-PC clone drives but it certainly
wasn't the case with those made for the Amiga, which IIRC at the time outsold
the PC.

skribe
--
Public key information available at:
http://www.amber.com.au/~skribe/publickey.html

Now I think I just reached the state of HYPERTENSION that comes JUST
BEFORE you see the TOTAL at the SAFEWAY CHECKOUT COUNTER!

Xaraya Content Management Solutions http://www.xaraya.com/