[plug] Some debian on a G4 ibook questions

Michael Holland myk at westnet.com.au
Fri Aug 6 17:19:34 WST 2004

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004, Michael Hunt wrote:

> > (a) What are the HorizSync and VerticalRefresh values people are using.
> > http://www.apple.com.au/ibook/specs.html shows the display as 12.1-inch
> > (diagonal) TFT XGA but doesn't really help me. My current values are set
> > to 31.5-57.0 and 50-90 and this gives my 1024x768 @ 60 Hz (24bit colour)
> > but I know it can do the same @ 75 Hz. My OS X install does and when I
> > run OS X under MOL (mac-on-linux) it runs at this refresh rate on VT 8.
>
> Still an issue. Tried a number of different settings including removing
> HorizSync and VertRefresh lines all together but it still defaults to 60

Michael,
I think that LCD displays are fixed at 60Hz in hardware. Unlike a CRT,
there is no need to increase this.  You should be able to change the rate
on the external VGA. Is that what you want?

> Well one more question. Has anyone got APM working on an ibook. I'm

Does the iBook have APM? Or does it use the newer ACPI?
Or do neither of these standards apply to mac's ?

--
The best things in life go on sale sooner or later.