[plug] mirroring and updating a remote http directory

Ben Jensz plug at jensz.id.au
Sat Aug 7 00:58:03 WST 2004

Craig Foster wrote:

> <>
> Actually http://www.vet.com.au/files/libad/modules.txt is the current
> files
> marker, and if that's the same, you don't have to download any updates.
>
> Even signed for security...
>
> Use a Vet master setup, which does this automatically...
>
> CraigF.

And according to the docs for it, you have one (Windows) computer act as
a master setup controller.  As it in downloads the updates and applies
them to the master setup (which can be on a network share).  The problem
there, is that there is no Windows computer that I can guarantee will be
on every day at the location, so I don't want to rely on having a
particular on every day / all the time.

I've basically got it setup to unzip the latest file, and in the logon
script, copy the two def files (boot.dat and vet.dat to the vet install
directory) and then tell vettray to reloadsigs.

/ Ben