[plug] /bin2 ?

Russell Steicke r.steicke at bom.gov.au
Mon Aug 9 18:19:40 WST 2004

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 04:38:53PM +0800, Russell Steicke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just noticed something slightly odd on a debian sid machine.  Some
> of the daemons have a /bin2 entry in their PATH environment
> variables[1].  I can't find out where this came from.  A recusive search
> through /etc didn't reveal any occurrences of the string "bin2".  I
> haven't added this to any config file.

Replying to my own post...

That path came from init.  There's a resolved debian bug for sysvinit,
#258065, "PATH for init should be set as on manpage".  Installing the
latest sysvinit, 2.86-1, fixed it.

But I still don't know why there was a /bin2 entry in the PATH in the
first place.  :(

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says:
Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't
recognize them.