[plug] XP SP2

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed Aug 11 20:30:39 WST 2004

Garry wrote:

> http://theinquirer.net/?article=17794
>
> "
> Win XP SP2 "turns Firewire 800 into Firewire 100"
> "

Is there any evidence presented that this is anything other than a bug
they failed to fix (gee, what a surprise)? They've obviously been
struggling to get the service pack out at all, so I wouldn't be too
surprised if it has more issues like this turn up.

On the other hand, I'd also be far from astonished to discover that the
bug was put in a low priority pile for fixing after release because
FireWire was considered unimportant.

Overall, I fail to see the point of making a fuss.

--
Craig Ringer