[plug] [OT] Second-Hand Hardware Sale

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Fri Aug 13 09:28:16 WST 2004

In message <20040813091923.a1c0wwoc0c4gss8s at simon.plumtek.com>
on Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 09:19:23AM +0800, simon at plumtek.com wrote:
> Seconded. There appears to be enough traffic to warrant this kind of list.

There is?!? I would think that if PLUG members have free stuff to give
away to other PLUG members for free, the plug at plug list is quite the
place to do this. But if people have "friends" who are selling, I agree
that this list is not usually the place for it. However, aren't there
quite enough alternatives already? Why would non-PLUG people think to
advertise to such a niche audience? If they are offering a special PLUG
deal, I would prefer to see that go to all PLUG members (well, all such
members who have joined the list, that is, rather than just those who
are looking for regular offers of trade). If you are looking for a
trading post, surely there are lots of those around already. Regarding
the free stuff, I personally think that should remain on this list.